Monday, October 3, 2016

Latest news....

I've been working on adding more antennas and got my G5RV up and running after a year of it just sitting there. I never could get it to work and finally I looked at the connections and cleaned the inside of the UHF connector and voila! Many contacts now!

A lot of work is going into adding new capabilities to the station and I have a third antenna being readied for use... It is a restoration project - A Hygain 18-AVT which needs a lot of TLC and rebuilding.

Last year I picked up this antenna from AK6ZZ (now K5AZZ). The image to the left shows the antenna as it was when I picked it up at the QTH for K5AZZ. It is in decent condition, save for problems with the coils which I am rebuilding. I will share more on my web site after I get it completely back in prime condition and install it.

This antenna is going to be my first restoration project of an antenna and I found a great page on how N6JSX managed to get his restored and am following that as a guide for my own restoration. I will be posting video on my Youtube channel when the time is right of the repair process.

Speaking of Youtube, yes, I have a new channel. As of this writing, it is without any videos, but that is soon to change! More later as the process of getting content up there to the channel goes forward.

That is all for now!

73 - Jon

5 comments:

  1. Happy to visit your blog, I am by all accounts forward to more dependable articles and I figure we as a whole wish to thank so numerous great articles, blog to impart to us. Videos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Step by step instructions to discover the personality of these guests, in any event, when the guest ID is obstructed or site enlistment data is private. News 24 hours

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. Latest Punjabi News

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Article With Excellent Tips
    Thanks For Sharing.Will check back some other time to see if you add more to your updates.
    SEO Expert In Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete